Here, just in case you don’t want to read all my rambling:
Edit (10/1/2010): The 24 Hours of PASS Fall session recordings are up! You’ll need to use your PASS login, or register, to access the recordings.
Speakers always say “thanks for coming” and “I really appreciate it”. I wonder if they all mean it as much as I do: thanks for coming to the session…I really, really appreciate it. I’ll write a blog on the writing and presenting process some other time. Right now I’m just very, very pleased. Here are a few notes from the session:
- According to this MSDN article, CTEs are ANSI-99 compliant
- On CTE performance, I haven’t found anything definitive yet. Here is a forum thread that discusses some of the considerations.
- Here is the SQL Server Books Online section that talks about SELECT logical processing.
- I highly recommend Itzik Ben-Gan’s book “T-SQL Fundamentals”, which contains an excellent discussion on SELECT logical processing in Chapter 2.
- I’ll add updates here as I get more questions and answer….comment or email me at Jen@MidnightDBA.com
Remember: I’ll be presenting the expanded version of this talk at the PASS Summit in November!
Now, this is going to be the first meeting with a lot of you, so: Hi! I’m Jen, 1/2 of MidnightDBA.com (the other half is my hubby Sean McCown, SQL Server MVP, speaker, blogger, and Powershell aficionado). We do a lot of stuff…highlights:
- IT video training (free) at MidnightDBA.com
- A weekly webshow broadcast live on our Ustream channel, Friday nights 11pm CST.
- Speaking at SQL Saturdays, webinars, training, user group meetings, and the PASS Summit.
As always, happy days!