We’re talking about our favorite places in Seattle, because we’re here for the PASS Summit of course. Here are a few of mine*:
Sure, you can go to Starbuck’s if you want, but I don’t want.
- Seattle Coffee Works – 107 Pike St. These guys make a great mocha, have lots of nerd-fu coffee gear, and have a great ambiance. Also they’re right by Pike Peak Market.
- Monorail Espresso – 520 Pike St. This place is close by the convention center and also makes yummy coffee. It’s a drop-by-pick-up-coffee. CASH ONLY!
There are LOTS of good places to get food. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Biscuit Bitch – 1909 1st Ave. SO GOOD for breakfast. Get there early if you can, or order to go; seating is very limited. Has vegetarian (not vegan) options.
- Daily Grill – 629 Pike Street. The restaurant in the Sheraton is pricey, but really quite good, especially for breakfast. Try the hash!
- Cactus – 350 Terry Ave N. A little pricey, a little out of the way, and a lot yummy. Try it out if you have the mind to.
- Pike Place Chowder – Oh, yum. And reasonably priced. Two locations, one near the convention center and one near Pike Market.
- Whole Foods – 2210 Westlake Ave. Yes, we like to eat out quite a bit, but it gets expensive. So we do a fair amount of eating and snacking from grocery runs.
Things to Do
Just a few, because we’re busy people…
- Pike Place Market – We do so love the market, mostly for its lovely foodstuffs like Chukar Cherries, fresh fruit, nuts, tea, honey, hot sauce, and so on. But last time we were in Seattle, the daughter and I treated ourselves to some lovely wool sweaters… Get cheese and Salumi salami at DeLaurenti. There’s also a magic shop and a lovely small bookstore downstairs.
- Seattle Underground Tour – 614 1st Avenue. This comes highly rated, though we’ve never managed to make the time for it yet. Maybe this year…
- No Parking on Pike Vintage – 1102 E Pike St. This is a fantastic little vintage shop. Go check it out!
- EMP Museum/MPOP Museum– 325 5th Avenue North. Apparently this is now the MOPOP Museum. Whatever, it’s a delightful place, and THEY HAVE A JIM HENSON EXHIBIT RIGHT NOW! Excuse me, I’ve got to go now…
*Interestingly, I can’t eat at some of these because I’ve gone vegan this year. No matter, they’re still great places to eat, and I’m recommending them to you.