- This event has passed.
SQL Saturday #597 – The Enterprise Maintenance Lifecycle: Problems & Solutions
March 24, 2017 @ 08:00 - 17:00$150
Database maintenance isn’t a single event; it’s a lifecycle. Aside from the maintenance event itself, there’s also reporting, error management, specialized configs, HA/DR and more. In this full day session, we’ll explore the many issues surrounding maintenance and how to solve them in a way that is cohesive and comprehensive. If you’re managing more than one server, come to this session.
Learn how to:
- Deploy maintenance routines to hundreds of servers, effortlessly
- Standardize configuration throughout the enterprise
- Set up custom alerts and reports.
- Manage HA/DR failover scenarios and keep your maintenance intact.
- Minimize the number of jobs
- Tune backups and database integrity checks
For maintenance, you’ll learn how to:
- Order index operations to maintain the most important tables first
- Maximize your maintenance window by fine-tuning your routine.
- Easily deal with special circumstances like indexes with settings that conflict with maintenance.
- Make reindex operations fully dynamic to meet your changing environment.
- Handle the most difficult CheckDB scenarios with dynamic custom snapshots, multi-threading and CheckDB offloading using auto-restore and remote CheckDB operations.
And for backups specifically, you’ll learn to:
- Automate management of failed backups
- Ensure that certificates and encrypted passwords are securely backed up
- Automate configuration changes between HA/DR sites, in case of failover.
- Turn trace flags on or off automatically.
- Dynamically archive end of month or end of year backups.
- Tune the backups for your entire enterprise and keep them tuned as the environment changes.
This will be the most complete class on enterprise maintenance you’ll ever have.