This is one of the best recipes you’ll ever make and it’s so simple I almost feel stupid writing it down. But this is so overlooked by most cooks because it’s so simple. Everyone’s so busy looking for new and exciting ways to cook things, that they’ve forgotten how to appreciate the simple stuff.
Buttered potatoes, while easy, have a couple simple secrets to make them successful.
4# Gold potatoes. You can use any potato you like, but these are a medium starch and work beautifully here.
1 stick butter
1 t. Salt
1 t. black pepper
1. Boil water a couple palms of salt.
2. Clean and cut potatoes in fairly large pieces and put in water.
3. Boil until a knife can pierce easily w/o breaking the potato. But the knife should definitely go in very easily and the potatoes shouldn’t be water-logged.
4. Drain water off potatoes and let them sit for about 5mins to dry out. They’re done when they’re white around the edges. You need the potatoes to be dry and thirsty so they can soak up the butter.
5. Put the potatoes in a large mixing bowl with the butter, salt and pepper, and fresh parsley if you have it, and toss them by hand until the butter is melted.
6. Let rest for about 5mins for the potatoes to soak up the butter.
7. Serve immediately as they lose their quality within just a few minutes.
This is one of my favorite recipes so enjoy.