You are cordially invited to a fantastic precon event before SQL Saturday Baton Rouge! The Enterprise Scripting Workshop is on Friday, July 31
, and if you register before June 30 you’ll get the Early Bird rate of $99…it’s $125 to attend: not bad at all for a full day’s training.
Oh, and don’t forget to register for SQL Saturday #423 Baton Rouge, too!
The DBA life is frustrating: you rarely have time to innovate, because the same tasks fill up your time day after day. Your users are unhappy about how long it takes to resolve “simple” tickets. You have to put big items on hold because special requests come in. As careful you are, mistakes creep in as you get busier.
We’ve been there.
In this workshop, the MidnightDBAs show you how to develop enterprise scripts with a huge range of uses. A good set of reusable scripts will reduce task time from hours – or even days – to just a few minutes, and eliminate mistakes from your environment.
- Enterprise philosophy – tackle simple tasks with the whole environment in mind
- Single data store – define the benefits and uses of a single central database for common-use data and metadata
- Choice of tools – choose the best tool (Powershell, T-SQL, SSIS, or other) for the job
- Environment ground work – prepare your environment for enterprise scripting
- Real world scripts – work through dozens of enterprise scripting issues (like alerting, error handling, multiple SQL versions, and more) as we develop a real enterprise script in class
This session is for database administrators, with a basic understanding of Powershell. It’s for anyone who touches backups or security, maintains databases, troubleshoots performance, monitors disk space, or any of a hundred other DBA tasks. Enterprise scripting is for anyone who has more tasks than time.
Check out Minion Enterprise, our new enterprise management solution for centralized SQL Server management and alerting!