This recipe makes DELICIOUS dough, incredible cookies loved by all. They’re cakey, not too rich, and very fluffy. One of the MAJOR keys to good cookies is to have the butter at room temperature (which is actually slightly cooler than a Texas room): the butter should still keep its shape in the wrapper, but squish fairly easily.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups/18 ounces chocolate chips
- 2-3 cups tart dried cherries [optional, but they REALLY make the cookies]
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix butter, sugar, honey, and vanilla until creamy (about 2 minutes). Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together just until blended (don’t over mix), and mix in chocolate and cherries.
- Form cookies on a greased (or silicon paper-lined) cookie sheet, bake at 325F until done (10 ish minutes).
Another important note: Don’t overcook your cookies. Take them out when they’re JUST BARELY done, or just before.
Honey alternative: you can replace the 3/4 cup brown sugar with 1/2 cup honey; it gives the cookies a slightly different texture, and a good honey flavor. Note that honey browns quicker and more than sugar, so your cookies will be darker than normal.