Hi, I’m Jen, and SQL Awesomesauce is my blog. Here I talk about SQL Server and other tech topics, plus MidnightDBA news and SQL community updates.
I’m a SQL Server Microsoft Certified Master, consultant, and DBA. I own MidnightSQL Consulting, and am Senior Editor at MidnightDBA.com, where we creates technology tutorials, articles, and the DBAs@Midnight webshow. In 2013, I formulated and produced the community-written book Tribal SQL. I’m a member, volunteer, and speaker for the Professional Association for SQL Server, the North Texas SQL Server User Group, and the PASS Women in Technology virtual chapter. I have presented at numerous SQL Saturdays, conferences, and online training events worldwide.
What I Do
Here’s a nice organized list of all the techie-nerd things I do online:
|Blog||This blog, SQL Awesomesauce (syndicated on SQLServerPedia.com and SQLServerCentral.com|
|Videos||MidnightDBA.com training videos. I highly recommend my Beginning T-SQL for SQL Server newbies and as a review for experienced folk.|
|Webshow||The DBAs at Midnight webshow, with me and Sean. We broadcast live Friday nights at 11pm CST. We talk about tech and community topics late at night; we’re usually punchy so it’s pretty funny. (Also available as a feed.) Previews available on our YouTube channel.|
|Podcast||The MidnightDBA Blogcast, my audio only podcast. I read you blogs: Mine, Sean’s, and the occasional guest post.|
|Twitter and LinkedIn||I keep up the @MidnightDBA Twitter feed with updates and fun-fun-fun. And I’m on LinkedIn occasionally.|
|Swag||I create t-shirts and mugs for the MidnightDBA Zazzle store. All proceeds go to fund our giveaways (we don’t profit)|
|Reviews||ITBookworm.com, currently under construction (again). Check out our 2009 gift review for some of our favorite tech toys.|
|Petri IT Knowledgebase||As of May 2010, Sean and I are writers and forum moderators at Petri.co.il, the IT Knowledgebase. Check out the press release on StreetInsider!|
And here are some of the things I do IRL:
- I’m a Microsoft SQL Server MVP.
- Member of NTSSUG, PASS, and the PASS Women in Technology virtual chapter
- Presented at SQL Saturday #41 in Atlanta, #35 in Dallas, #52 Colorado, #56 Dallas BI Edition
- Presented at the 24 Hours of PASS-Summit Preview and PASS Summit 2010 in Seattle.
- On staff at the SQL University (by SQLChicken)
- Blogged on the MVP Deep Dives ch5 for SQL Perspectives
For more about us personally, see our “Who Are the MidnightDBAs“.
In addition to finding me at various SQL Saturdays and PASS Summit, there are a few ways to reach me:
- I read all the comments on this blog, so that’s a good place to start.
- Feel free to email questions, suggestions, and comments to Jen@MidnightDBA.com
- Follow me on Twitter, both as @MidnightDBA and @JenniferMcCown
My site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. That means:
- You’re free to copy, distribute, and transmit my work
- You must attribute my work in the manner specified by me (but not in any way that suggests that I endorse you or your use of my work)
- You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my express written permission
- You may not alter, transform, or build upon my work without my express written permission
(By the way, I totally stole those descriptions from Brent Ozar :))
Sure, you’re capable of plagarizing my work and going on about your life, but we will find out about it. Bad things will happen. See what we had to say about the last guy who plagarized (parts 1 through 4).
This work by Jennifer McCown is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.